Are you a self-starter, energized by what you can create with different materials through the combination of technology and manufacturing? Are you looking for a reliable, challenging, and rewarding career? If so, Custom Profiles, Inc. wants to hear from you! We’re seeking a confident, detail-oriented, hard-working team member with a love for fusing digital technical expertise and physical material know-how to create parts and tools for our facility in Fitzgerald, Georgia.
Custom Profiles is a family-owned, U.S.A. company founded on a simple idea: that the business of plastics extrusion could be done even better so more domestic manufacturing companies can grow. For us, doing the business of plastics extrusion better means putting people at the heart of our business. For over thirty-one years our teams have focused on solving our customers’ problems and preventing headaches along the way. Work on a team that puts the needs of our customers and employees first. Apply today!
- Full Time
- Day Shift
- Full Benefits Package
- Paid Overtime and Holiday Pay
Full Job Description
Machinists at Custom Profiles are primarily responsible for operating all types of manual machine shop equipment such as lathes, mills, drill press, etc. A positive attitude, ability to work in an environment with limited supervision and a willingness to contribute to a continuous improvement environment while meeting the following responsibilities and requirements is critical. Experience within a plastics manufacturing environment is highly preferred.
- Fabricates and shapes parts such as tools and machine parts out of metal
- Machine set-up and troubleshooting experience
- Confers with engineers, production supervisor, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems
- Maintain daily machine and equipment cleanliness along with appropriate preventative maintenance standards
- Respond to work order requests in a timely fashion
- Work in a team environment to meet production goals
- Properly and safely selects, aligns, secures, and removes holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials into machines
- Recognizes, deploys and properly uses inserts, fixtures and tooling
- Evaluate, change or modify to setup jobs
- Complies with all quality policies, specifications, regulations, and instructions
- Skilled machinist with at least 2 years experience
- Proficient in operation of all types of manual machine shop equipment (lathes, mills, drill press, etc)
- Vast knowledge of reading and making parts from prints and be able to use all measuring tools and instruments
- Proven mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Must have a high level of confidence in machining ability
- Strong attention to detail
- Utilizes and abides by the ISO requirements and safety procedures
- Ability to handle physical workload
- High School Diploma or GED required
- CNC, wire EDM and CAD a bonus
Benefits / Other
We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including 401(k) with employer contribution, tuition reimbursement, operational bonuses, paid holidays and vacation. Insurance coverage includes medical, dental, vision and prescription drug.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).
Opportunities & Referrals
We are always looking for great people to join our team! If you, or someone you know, would be a good fit for the culture at Custom Profiles Inc. we’d like to hear from you. Visit our Careers page for more information about Custom Profiles and additional career opportunities.
We are grateful to all candidates who apply to work with our organization; however, only selected candidates will be contacted.